Scholarship Award Program
The Walworth County Deputy Sheriff’s Association developed an annual scholarship award program to offer financial assistance to full-time students in any college program, either four year or two, in any field of study. Its purpose is to encourage educational growth for those in financial need.
The number of scholarships and dollar amounts will be determined annually. Winners will be selected on a competitive basis. Any high school senior, who is a Walworth County resident, and is enrolling in a four-year or two-year college program, is eligible.
The recipient must submit proof of his/her enrollment in the accredited college. Recipients must be enrolled for the fall semester of the current school year. There are no retroactive awards for semesters already completed. After the student has submitted proof of enrollment, a check will be given directly to the scholarship recipient.
The Walworth County Deputy Sheriff’s Association has had a long history of serving the citizens of Walworth County. The Association has always enjoyed the support of the citizens, who have made the scholarship program possible. Through this award program we hope that we can help develop future leaders in our county. By our joint efforts, we can continue to make Walworth County the best place to live and raise our families.
- Application must comply with the admission requirements for a full-time student in any accredited two year or four year college.
- Applicant must fill out the Scholarship Application in its entirety.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation from three separate sources must be included.
- These sources may include family, friend, school, clergy, employer, etc.
- A two hundred (200) word essay on why you are choosing your chosen course of study must be included.
- A high school transcript of grades must be enclosed.
- A high school photo for use in local newspapers must be enclosed.
- Failure to comply with instructions will result in ineligibility.
- Scholarship applications must be postmarked no later than April 15th (or next business day if April 15th is on a Sunday) and mailed to:
Walworth County Deputy Sheriff’s Association
Attn: Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 171
Elkhorn, WI 53121